1.29.2009

Banana Nut Bread

Gosh darn it.
I was looking on my FoodBuzz profile and decided to check out who was "buzzin' me" when I came across a person of interest. I took a look at their website and they a great looking photo of some banana bread she had just made (there was even a cute story to go with it). I can't remember who the blogger was, which means I can't give her the 'just' credit that is due her.

She is the reason behind my bread tonight. It's her recipe... so I can't take any credit. I made 2 small alterations, but the basic recipe is all hers.

Sorry. Please forgive me.

RECIPE: (as copied from this "ghost" blogger)
1 c sugar
1/2 c milk (she used whipping cream)
1/2 c shortening (I used butter.... I ALWAYS use butter when baking)
1 tsp baking soda
3 medium bananas, softened and mashed
2 eggs, beaten lightly
1 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla extract (I used 1 tbsp - oh, shut up!)
2 c flour
1 cup nuts

Preheat oven to 350. Mix sugar, milk, shortening (butter), bananas and eggs. Add remaining ingredients stirring slowly - don't overmix. Put in 9x5 loaf pan (or you can make muffins). Bake 1 hr 15 m (loaf pan) 30-40 m (muffin pan). You can cover yours with foil to prevent "over" browning.

She had problems with the middle remaining a little 'soft and gooey.' I baked mine for the recommended time and then sat out and let it cool completely in the pan.
Enjoy.

2 comments:

Chef E said...

I love me some of this...

Christine aka Mistress of Cakes said...

Ooooooooooooo. Wouldn't cream cheese just go perfect between two slabs of that bread...reminds me of one of my favorites...date nut bread!