1.29.2009

Banana Nut Bread

Gosh darn it.
I was looking on my FoodBuzz profile and decided to check out who was "buzzin' me" when I came across a person of interest. I took a look at their website and they a great looking photo of some banana bread she had just made (there was even a cute story to go with it). I can't remember who the blogger was, which means I can't give her the 'just' credit that is due her.

She is the reason behind my bread tonight. It's her recipe... so I can't take any credit. I made 2 small alterations, but the basic recipe is all hers.

Sorry. Please forgive me.

RECIPE: (as copied from this "ghost" blogger)
1 c sugar
1/2 c milk (she used whipping cream)
1/2 c shortening (I used butter.... I ALWAYS use butter when baking)
1 tsp baking soda
3 medium bananas, softened and mashed
2 eggs, beaten lightly
1 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla extract (I used 1 tbsp - oh, shut up!)
2 c flour
1 cup nuts

Preheat oven to 350. Mix sugar, milk, shortening (butter), bananas and eggs. Add remaining ingredients stirring slowly - don't overmix. Put in 9x5 loaf pan (or you can make muffins). Bake 1 hr 15 m (loaf pan) 30-40 m (muffin pan). You can cover yours with foil to prevent "over" browning.

She had problems with the middle remaining a little 'soft and gooey.' I baked mine for the recommended time and then sat out and let it cool completely in the pan.
Enjoy.

2 comments:

Chef E said...

I love me some of this...

Unknown said...

Ooooooooooooo. Wouldn't cream cheese just go perfect between two slabs of that bread...reminds me of one of my favorites...date nut bread!