1.19.2009

America, we now have a new president!

So I know the "official" ceremony is not for a few hours yet.
And I know I may have some McCain/Palin supports that visit my blog. I don't mean any disrespect, but I am one of the many Obama/Biden supporters.

Today, history will be made... and I hope we are all just a "little" bit happier to be alive to witness it. I am, and I'm grateful to share this day with my family and friends.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.
(Look at that... I almost made the day cut-off. The blogger gods can be cruel)

(this picture was taking at midnight on 1/19 (or 1/20). Thanks Mako)

6 comments:

Melissa said...

I'm not American, but I'm so excited for this day to finally be here :) It's been a long time comin'!

Sorry if you got this message twice, I got an error the first time LOL (maybe the comment box is a McCain supporter? hmmm...)

Dewi said...

Yes, pride and joy!
May God bless America.
Cheers,
Elra

Chef E said...

This household is happy about the whole thing, and thank goodness I know what they had for lunch...who cares who attended the luncheon, but what is going on in the kitchen this chef wants to know!

The Duo Dishes said...

Watching the Obama family last night was just overwhelming! Never have we been so excited for a change in power. One member of the Duo got to be in DC for the weekend, leaving the other half in Los Angeles watching it on TV. Not fair, huh? :)

French Cooking for Dummies said...

I'm so excited about this! I've been living in DC for a while during Clinton's presidency, and I can't wait to go back... Obama is now president, America rocks!

Laura said...

Woot! Alaska is HAPPY!!! Not to have Palin back but because we never quit working for the Obama camp!!