1.19.2009

White Chocolate Brioche


RECIPE:
(sorry guys, in culinary school all measurements are metric - get over it)

500g Bread flour
10g salt
75g sugar
10g Active dry yeast (use 20g if using "live" yeast)
6 eggs
63g milk
250g butter, cubed and cold
1 c white chocolate morsels

*This will yield 2 large loaves, or 4 small ones (good for 2 people)

Activate yeast in milk (mix together). Whisk eggs. Add dry ingredients into bowl of electric mixer. Add yeast and eggs. Mix on LOW speed (always mix bread on low).Once mix comes together, add butter, small amounts at a time. Add the white chocolate morsel and stir on low. Once the mix is fully incorporated, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate over night.

Section out 100g pieces of dough, roll into a ball and let rest for 30 minutes.
Roll balls out into long tubes (3 for each braid) and begin braiding bread.
If making 2 large loaves using 150-200g balls. Egg wash the braids and allow to rest again for 30 minutes. Bake in 325 degree oven for approximately 20 minutes, or until the bread browns. Bread is done with it you knock on it and it sounds hollow (means there is no more moisture present).

















































Enjoy.

5 comments:

Chef E said...

Oh yeah, my hubby would love for me to make this! You guys are so making me bake way more than I ever had, since my kids were teeny tiny!

I used to make bread, my own pizza dough, pie crust...on and on :)

Laura said...

Oh man would I love it if someone made this for me. I am not a big white chocolate fan, but this just seems so... right. :)

Unknown said...

This looks absolutely wicked! My doctor would kill me for eating so many eggs! White choc and brioche...Arrrrghhh, I'm swoooooning.

The Duo Dishes said...

Oh yes, oh yes, oh yes, OH YES WE CAN!!! This looks too good.

Selba said...

Here in Indonesia, we also are using metric for measurement :)