2.03.2009

Post Superbowl Bliss

I hope everyone enjoyed the BIG GAME.
I did. It lived up to the "hype" and was a really good game, down to the very end.

Go. Steelers.

So, while watching the Foodnetwork one day, the chef on the show "Big Daddy's House (*laugh*) made these Buffalo Chicken Balls. Of course I don't follow recipes too well, so I just made it up as I went along. If you want the original recipe, please "search" for it on the website. Here's my version of it.

RECIPE: (yields 20 balls; depending on the size)
1 whole, baked chicken
blue cheese, crumbled
hot sauce
salt
pepper
bread crumbs, plain
flour
egg
panko bread crumbs

Shred meat of chicken; place in large bowl.


Add blue cheese (as much as you like), hot sauce, salt, pepper and bread crumbs.
Mix together ingredients, making sure everything is well combined.
Form balls with meat (blue cheese will help hold it all together).
Dip balls in flour; then an egg wash and then into the panko bread crumbs (all in separate containers).
Fry balls in a deep fryer, or a pan with lots of oil (small amounts will turn the balls into small pancakes :)





























Fry until golden brown, and serve with the usual buffalo chicken sides (carrots and celery sticks).








I also decided to make my own dipping sauce (again, I couldn't remember the recipe from the show). I decided to mix sour cream, blue cheese, hot sauce, salt and pepper together. Double the amount of sour cream against the amount of blue cheese.

7 comments:

Christo Gonzales said...

these look so good - I am going to make these guys too!

Anonymous said...

Those chicken balls look great!

Comestiblog said...

They do look good. I'm relieved to know they're not Rocky Mountain Oysters!

Rachel J said...

I am on the 'going-to-make-these' train too! Thanks for sharing!!!!

The Duo Dishes said...

Anything fried is a winner. We can taste them now. (Also: Go Steelers!)

Chef E said...

Man, you cook some good stuff over at your place...these do look good and I will have to make them when I re introduce frying back into my healthy eating plan :)

Rico said...

They are so nice I would be surprised if they don't reach 98-99 on foodbuzz