2.05.2009

Pork Candy

I. LOVE. BACON.
I truly do not think I can say this enough. So this next "revisit" was a no brainer. Emeril is credited to showing me the true meaning of how to make bacon "even more happy" when he featured this on one of his shows. I can't remember anything else he cooked that night, but I will always remember THE BACON.

RECIPE:
bacon
brown sugar
pepper

Take however many slices of bacon you are going to consume and set to the side.
In a medium bowl combine brown sugar and pepper. I can't tell you how much to use, but basically I think I used like 1 cup of sugar and 2 tbsp of pepper (sounds like a lot, right? - well there's some leftover for next time around).

Preheat your oven to 375. Place a cooling rack inside of a baking sheet.
Roll each slice of bacon into sugar/pepper mixture - be sure and coat every inch of ht bacon. Lay each slice of bacon on the rack, and bake until you can't stand the smell any more (roughly 10-12 minutes). Note: if you want crispier bacon, just let it bake a little longer.

Oh. My. God. It's the best!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That pork candy sounds wonderful! And I love all your dessert posts - all look just delicious!

Chef E said...

I feel a 'trying to stay healthy' nerve just *snap* on this beauty :)

Pepper said...

I had to give this one an OM NOM Nomination!!

Tangled Noodle said...

I think I'm dehydrated from the sheer drool-inducing factor of this! I love pork product with sweet ever since the maple syrup on my pancakes oozed over to where the sausages were innocently laying.