2.25.2009

Shrimp & Roasted Redl Peppers

I decided to add another veggie to my "shrimp-for-the-week" dish.
I added all of the normal stuff (mushrooms, shrimp, green onions), but this
time I added sweet, roasted red peppers and red wine. Yum....

RECIPE:
1 lb shrimp
1 carton of mushrooms, sliced
2 slices of rosted peppers (from a jar)
2 tsp, minced garlic (in a jar)
1/2 onion, chopped
green onions, chopped
salt
pepper
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 c red wine
3 tbsp butter

Add butter and oil to skillet, let get hot. Add onion and garlic to pan, season with salt and pepper, sautee for 2-3 minutes. Add mushrooms and peppers, cook for 2 minutes. Add wine and reduce by 1/2. Add shrimp and cook until shrimp is done. Serve over whole wheat pasta. Garnish with chopped green onions.

This dish is slightly "darker" than my other dish. NO doubt because of the red wine used instead of the normal white wine. It's very flavorful.

2 comments:

Kiezie said...

Yum!! We love shrimp and this looks great!!

Chef E said...

Yum...now I want shrimps! I am going to have to learn to make my own noodles, so I can have...noodles, or I am going to loose mine!