2.27.2009

100th Post & Brauts

So in all of this excited to get back to "bloggin" about my life... I completely forgot out celebrating my 100th blog post. It's aways a milestone that any "true" blogger wants the rest of our community to know about... I'm not exception.

Wooo. Hooo. I blogged 100 times already (well actually this is my 104th posts).

Now, on to the food. One thing that my husband and I love quick and easy food. Brauts "should" fall into this category, however, after a friend of ours (Tony) explained the proper way to cook brauts, there anything but "easy" to prepare.
Easy would mean you could boil (like a hotdog), fry (like a hot link) or microwave (like, well.. both). You have to grill brauts... that's the only way.

RECIPE:
Brauts (however many you plan on eating)
onions
mustard
beer
hot dog buns

Place brauts on a hot grill (outdoor grill or George Foreman is fine). Rotate braut until it has a even browned tone all the way around. Pour about 1/2 a beer (per 3 brauts) in a shallow pan. Place brauts in the pan, and allow to sit for about 15-20 minutes (BE CAREFUL NOT TO EVER POKE THE BRAUT - you'll lose all the juices). Remove brauts from pan and either plan them back onto the grill for 2 minutes (to get hot) or inside of an oven, preheated, on a cookie sheet for 5 minutes.

While the braut is warming up, slice up an onion and also dip inside the pan of beer. Wrap the onions in foil and place on the grill. Cook for 5 minutes.

Place braut inside bun, put onions on top and drizzle mustard.

Now that's a BRAUT!

5 comments:

Chef E said...

That is big here where I live, and I am ashamed to confess I downed one while traveling down south to meet with a video producer with my assistant, and I blame her for planing the idea :) but yours looks better with the mustard!

You should have see the look on the guys face when I asked if they had gluten free buns or whole wheat, lol

Daily Spud said...

Congratulations (belatedly) on your 100th post - it's quite a milestone alright :)

Kiezie said...

Congratulations on your 100th post...and your 104th as well!!:)

Tangled Noodle said...

Congratulations on #100 and wishing you more happy posts!

Laura said...

Yum I love brats. Congrats on your 100th post--I also forgot (and never did) to celebrate mine.