12.29.2008

Rice Pudding made easy


So I've always loved rice pudding in a box. Call me crazy, but I was one of those kids that grew up on lots of "boxed food" and to this day I still crave certain foods (can anyone say Kraft Mac-n-Cheese?)

Since I've decided to continue to grow, culinary-wise, I decided that one of the first things I should start to learn is how to make the foods I love, from scratch. First up (well, I'm not sure if it's really the first thing, but, ummm, you know where I'm going with this).... RICE PUDDING!


You can find the followed recipe HERE... although I didn't follow it completely.

My alterations were:
1 - I hate raisins in rice pudding, so I did not use them,
2 - I (also) hate almonds in rice pudding,
3 - I didn't like the thought of the orange zest
4 - I used whole fennel seeds... I like the crunch.

1 comment:

Diana said...

mmmm, that looks good. I haven't made rice pudding from scratch. I satisfy that craving by making coconut milk tapioca.