3.04.2009

Pecan/Walnut Crusted Salmon

In my quest to eat (just a little bit) healthier, I have made up my mind to add more fish to my diet. As it stands I rarely eat fish (of any kind) on a normal bases. Last night I decided to try and go "all gourmet" and make salmon.

But not just any salmon.... pecan crusted. (and when I ran out of pecans... I still had walnuts available :)

My husband isn't fond of salmon, so for him we made swordfish (recipe in the other blog).

RECIPE:
salmon (cut into strips or whole)
Pecans, crushed (or walnuts; enough to coat the amount of fish you purchase)
flour
2 eggs
salt
pepper
olive oil

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Place flour, nuts and egg into their own separate, shallow container; whisk eggs.
Season fish with salt and pepper then coat in flour; egg, and crushed nuts. Fry fish until slightly darker than golden brown, over medium heat, and drain excess oil onto towel. Place fish in preheated oven for approximately 10 minutes. You'll have to "fork test" the fish because it's hard to see if the fish is done through the pecan crust.


Serve with favorite veggies and enjoy a healthy meal (forget about the frying) :)

No comments: