3.24.2009

Chemotherapy Session (#1)

So, for those of you who do not know (or know me personally) my mother was diagnosed with breast cancer in December 2008. Fast forward a couple of months (I don't think it's right to disclose her personal information) we are now at the point of having to do chemotherapy.

I'm happy, and blessed, to report that all has gone well with her first session. She's feeling good and causing trouble around the doctor's office (anyone that knows my mom will understand). We don't go back for a few weeks so she has time to practice all of her jokes on the family.

A little bit of information about the session is that (her's) is held in a "group type" setting. There's about 6-8 people in a semi-circle, all receiving their treatment. Patients can talk to one another, have a visitor, read, eat, drink, watch their iPods, play on their laptops or get some rest. So don't be afraid if you find yourself in this situation ... read up about it, and you'll be ok.

Keep us in your prayers.... and don't forget to go to (or schedule) your check ups!

5 comments:

Judy@nofearentertaining said...

You are in my prayers. My FIL is having chemo right now as well.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear about your mom's cancer and really hope that the chemo works well. I will be thinking about your and your family.

Daily Spud said...

You and your mom will be in my thoughts. Hope the chemo is a success.

Hornsfan said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family - all the best to your mom.

Unknown said...

Hey, I'm sorry to hear about your mom. I will sure keep you all in my prayers. And thanks for the reminder to get check-ups!